Msulwa Life’s Eco-Conscious Cotton Buds are the plastic free solution to the overuse of plastic stemmed buds. Our Cotton Buds are Eco-Friendly, Plastic Free, Natural/Organic, quickly Biodegradable & utilize Recycled Paper!
Cotton buds have become a household essential for many, used to remove make-up, gentle ear cleaning and fixing up failed smoky eye attempts…but the problem with the plastic stems is that they are a disaster and a thing of our embarrassing past!
Our Msulwa Life Eco-Conscious pack comes with two types of paper stem cotton buds:
- 30x white 100% organic cotton tips with pure paper stems
- 30x natural cotton tips with brown recycled paper stems (rounded only or rounded and pointed)
We then have two-pack options:
1) 60 cotton buds all with rounded tips (30 White and 30 Brown)
2) 30 White buds Rounded and 30 Brown Buds with 1 side rounded and one side pointed
Our Eco-Cotton Bud Packaging - NOT PLASTIC!
Your cotton buds will come in a clean packet which is also not made of plastic but in fact is made of compostable material (sustainable and natural wood cellulose) and the label is recycled Kraft paper! At Msulwa Life, we source products that are as close to natural as possible.
How amazing! These bags will biodegrade naturally and are completely eco-friendly!
What’s happening with Plastic Stemmed Cotton Buds??
“It’s only 1 plastic cotton bud…said 7,594 billion people!”
However useful they might be, plastic stem cotton buds are wreaking havoc on the environment. According to a report by the World Wildlife Fund, countries like the UK use 13.2 billion of them annually!
Many of these cotton buds end up in landfills or end up in our oceans where they are eaten by birds and fish and can cause serious damage. Even after they break down into smaller plastic particles, they cause digestive issues and possibly have other health impacts to wildlife and marine life when they ingest the particles. This is made worse by the fact that plastic micro-particles absorb other pollutants and toxins, making them even more toxic in the surrounding seawater, and this toxicity is concentrated as it moves up the food chain.
Luckily, a war against plastic cotton buds is currently underway. Worldwide governments are starting to announce up-coming BANS (along with plastic straws and stirrers) as part of its long-overdue crusade against plastic waste, while other countries are instructing stores to phase out plastic-stemmed buds in the next few years!
It’s time to take responsibility and catch up with the times by crossing over to an eco-friendlier and heathier lifestyle for ourselves and future generations.
Safe directions for use
- Store in a dry and well-ventilated area below 30 degrees C away from direct sunlight
- They are made in the same size and basic structure as well-known cotton buds
- The use is for make-up removing, gentle make-up correction and external ear cleaning
- Improper usage can cause injury: for external use only, do not insert into the ear canal or nose
- Use with caution and take proper care
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not flush down the toilet or discard in drains