Msulwa Life Konjac Sponges
Green Heart Konjac Sponge
This exceptional plant-based facial cleansing sponge is made from the all-natural and sustainable Konjac Root (a porous vegetable that grows in Asia) and is completely plastic free and vegan-friendly.
Konjac is a wonder veggie that naturally nourishes with vitamins A, B, C, D and E, proteins, lipids, fatty acids, copper, zinc, iron, magnesium and antioxidants. Unlike other exfoliators that harm the environment, konjac is completely natural, non-toxic, and biodegradable (no harmful plastic microbeads needed!)
‘Honestly, the experience of using a konjac sponge is a skincare routine game changer!’
Using a Konjac Sponge feels like a therapeutic, gel-like gentle pillow on your skin. The soft texture and small porous holes perfectly clean your face with results of seriously soft smooth skin! This has become a skincare essential to many high-profile celebrities to achieve flawless skin with the bonus of being organic and eco-friendly!
How to use and care for your Konjac Sponge:
- Your sponge will arrive dry and rough, soak it in warm water for a few minutes to allow it to soften and expand to full size.
- Once it is moistened, you can use your sponge with or without a facial soap or cleanser and you can apply the cleanser directly to the sponge.
- Begin cleaning your face and neck by moving the sponge in a circular motion, kind of like a massage.
- Start in the center of your face and work your way out and up, avoiding the eye area.
- Once you have finished cleaning your face, rinse and squeeze your sponge in water allowing it to flow in and out the sponge to keep it clean.
- Squeeze out any excess water before hanging up to dry in a safe place - make sure you dry it in a well-ventilated area.
- Once week, drop your sponge into some boiling water for a few minutes to keep it sterilized.
Because the Konjac plant is extremely gentle, using a Konjac Sponge is often recommended for unclogging pores, especially with oily and acne-prone skin. In addition to cleansing and exfoliating, a konjac facial sponge is also great for removing makeup.
As the Konjac sponge is a natural and delicate material, make sure you look after the sponge by hanging it in a safe place. Avoid rough usage as the sponge can tear over time. Depending on the frequency and level of use, your Konjac sponge may slowly disintegrate but can last from 2 month to 6 months depending on your level of care.
The Konjac Sponge is suitable for all skin types but as it is a mild exfoliator it may not suit people with overly sensitive skin.
Our Konjac Sponge Packaging
Your new Konjac Sponge will come in a clean packet which is Not Plastic! At Msulwa Life, we source products that are as close to natural as possible. We have packaged our sponges in a clear packet made of sustainable and natural Wood Cellulose!
How amazing! These bags will biodegrade naturally and are completely eco-friendly!